To begin, ask yourself this question…
In a world where when you least expect it danger can be right around the corner. Why on earth, would this be a good idea?
Ask yourself two more questions about the above picture .
- “How does a predator see this”
- “What opportunities does it create for him/her”
You see, pop culture or more specifically “popular culture” can start an action that becomes a trend or a style. Once that happens the masses copy without a second thought. Whatever you do in this world you must always think, “safety first”. You must think of it like this…
The action may seem innocent, cool, trendy, fun, stylish, and everyone is doing it but, the question is, does it make you or your family vulnerable in any way?
If you look at everything this way then threats are neutralized and regret or guilt for the result is not a factor. The world is not our personal playground although we can have fun, we have a responsibility to ourselves and our family. The bumper sticker above is not the only popular trend that so many have copied without thinking, it is a part of a bigger problem in the minds of people.
HERE ARE SOME AREAS YOU SHOULD EXAMINE TO FIX THE PROBLEM…
- Examine your daily routine and see if there are any areas where you have adopted an action as part of your routine but you don’t have a good reason for doing it.
- Examples of a routine include when you leave or come back to your home
- Personal vehicle or public transportation?
- Places you stop along the way to your destination
- Parking lot or parking garage?
- Who you talk with on the way?
- Where do you go for fun?
- What do you consider fun?
- Do you drink often?
- Do you get drunk?
- Do you use drugs?
- Your home activities
- Do you have neighbors over?
- If so, do you have a good reason for having them in your most private and vulnerable space.
- Do you leave your curtains or blinds open, and how late before you close them?
- Finally, if you can identify any parts of those areas where your actions make you or your family vulnerable then you should change that routine, period!
The list above sheds light on the main areas that people establish routines in their lives. Much of it is copied behavior and from my knowledge of the criminal and opportunistic mind, there are many vulnerabilities that could be exploited. Some parts of the list are obviously risky. If those things are a part of your life, be honest with yourself. Seek help if necessary but be honest for the sake of your safety and those you love. With that being said I encourage everyone to simply examine their days to minimize opportunities that a predator might exploit. These concepts are woven into my martial arts system Shu Ha Ri Do. My teachings are for the total man and woman. Mind, body, and spirit, and self mastery under the Kingdom of Heaven. They are covered in depth in all of my books. For more information on this subject I encourage everyone to review my book “THE AWARENESS FORMULA”. Although, the cover shows children boarding a school bus, the book is not just for children. Within The Awareness Formula are profound concepts for adults, mothers, fathers, etc.
CLICK BELOW FOR ANOTHER RISKY ACTION SO MANY HAVE COPIED